Monday, April 30, 2007

Coast & Cornwall Day 3 - Teignmouth & Heligan

Lots more driving today, from Weymouth to St. Austell. I did a little detour for lunch in Teignmouth and found a pleasant little town with a picturesque bay:

[Rowing Boats beached in Teignmouth Bay]

It was late afternoon by the time I arrived in St. Austell, and I was in need of a cuppa and a cream tea - so headed to the Lost Gardens of Heligan just in time for last entry at 4:30pm. Having fortified myself with tea and scones, I pottered around the North Gardens until they were turning folks out at six.

[Black velvet tulips in Heligan]

As well as the cultivated flowers, I found some natural visitors:

[A Red Admiral perches on an Azalea bloom]

It's off to The Eden Project tomorrow, so expect a few more flora and fauna shots. The internet connections have been a bit flakey, so not sure when I'll be able to post the next day's stuff, but I'll do my best.

See a few more photos from today in my Flickrstream.

No comments: