Sunday, October 21, 2007

Out And About Again

After five weeks of frustration, hobbling and a sore elbow, I'm finally able to get about a bit better now, and spent a lovely morning wandering round Galleywood Common, close to where I live.

The autumn colours were in full force [left, Autumn Oak leaf] and the sun was out, with a blue sky all round. It was a bit cool, but I didn't mind.

And despite living close by for 4+ years, I'd never set foot in Galleywood Churchyard (it's set back off the road and up a track to nowhere else, so you have to want to visit!). I spent a happy half hour wandering round finding pictures, as the leaves were turning orange and the sun was backlighting them in a lovely way.

[Rest In Peace - the sun streams through the leaves and provides a vibrant backdrop to the gravestones]

[Divine Light - I loved the way the rays were caught on camera]

Although I was out and about, I only had my Canon Ixus 850 IS with me, but I'm very pleased with the results I managed to get from the camera. You can see some more shots in the General Colour - 11 Gallery on my photo website.

No comments: