Thursday, October 25, 2007

How To Take... A Photo Essay

A Photo Essay is a set of pictures which tells a story. It need not be about anything profound, but the images must tell the story with little textual explanation. As you can see, each individual image is no masterpiece, but taken together they form a coherent set which fit together well.

For a bit of fun, I decided to photograph the story of my lunch a while ago. I used my Canon IXUS 850 IS, rather than waving my expensive camera over a frying pan. Here's what I came up with:

[1. Fresh Rashers - straight out of the pack]

[2. Into The Frying Pan... - a non-stick pan is essentail!]

[3. Sizzling Rashers - are browning nicely]

[4. Lashings Of Sauce - a good dollop of ketchup on the bacon is a must]

[5. The Perfect Bacon Sarnie - crispy bacon, malted brown bread, oozing with ketchup. Lovely!]

[6. Ketchup & Crumbs - is all that's left!]

Why not choose a subject and have a go at a photo essay about it? You might be surprised what you come up with!

No comments: